A Fitmums and Friends session always starts with a “checklist chat”. During the checklist chat, your leader talks through a range of topics which are designed to make sure you feel welcome, comfortable and safe during the session. Please take the opportunity to make your leader aware of any concerns or issues you have – injuries or conditions, worries, etc. – so that we can support you as best as possible
Please do listen while we run through the checklist chat. It is an essential part of keeping you safe, and now includes some important COVID-19 messages:
- If you think that you may be developing COVID-19 symptoms, have recently been in contact with someone with symptoms or diagnosed with COVID-19, or you have been told to self-isolate by the NHS Test and Trace service, please do not take part today.
- If you have any injuries or conditions I should know about, please tell me before we set off. We need to know everyone is physically fit to take part.
- We care about mental health too – please know it is ok to tell us if you are struggling in any way or having a bad day.
- Anyone pregnant or recently had a baby or breastfeeding? Please chat with me before we set off.
- Is anyone doing this distance for the first time today or recently?
- Throughout the session, please maintain a social distance of 2m – side-to-side and front-to-back. On some routes may not be possible whilst staying on footpath. If this is the case, please only go into the road when it is safe to do so. If it is not, please slow down or walk until there is space to spread out again – and indicate to those behind you that you are slowing down. We will use spoken instructions and hand signals.
- We must also stay at least 2m away from any pedestrians we encounter. We will always be the ones to move out of their way. If necessary, we will slow down, walk or stop while they pass.
- We will only be shepherding if there is enough space to maintain at least 2m distance between everyone. Otherwise, those at the front should enable the group to come back together by circling where there is space to do so.
- We will start with a warm-up before setting off and a group stretch together after. Please remember to maintain social distance in all activities.
- I may need to gently remind of the need to maintain social distancing but please remember this is done to keep everyone as safe as can be.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please turn away from others and cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or bent elbow. Please do not snot or spit!
- In the event of a minor accident where one of us needs assistance getting back to base, we will put on our face coverings so we can help each other.
- Anyone under 18 years old? If YES, need to know so that we can help keep you safe and follow correct procedures for our younger members; group to be aware for safeguarding.
- At the end of the session, please go home promptly. We know you may want to stay and chat, but it is important that we don’t have large groups congregating.
- Kit check – face covering, laces, hi-vis, no headphones
- Highlight any potential risks on the route.
- If you have any problems during the session, just let me know.