COVID-19 Code of Conduct
Keeping our members as safe as possible and keeping our clubs open requires every one of our members to comply with current guidance. To that end, we are asking all of our members to agree to our COVID-19 Code of Conduct. Please read this carefully below before attending a club session. By attending a club session, you will be agreeing to abide by this code of conduct.
What members can expect of your club:
- Everyone fits at Fitmums and Friends and we are keen to help everyone be more active. We can still support all abilities, so please don’t worry about your post-lockdown level of fitness.
- No one will ever be left behind. If it is unsafe to shepherd, we will use different support systems to enable the group to stay together.
- Distances/options may be limited to start with (due to venue or leader availability, or route safety), but we hope normal service will resume as soon as is safe for all concerned. In the meantime, we will do our best to put on a range of options. We may need to cancel a distance group at short notice due to circumstances beyond our control.
- Leaders have been fully briefed on the safe way to manage a group run or walk.
- Leaders understand what to do in the event of a minor incident or a 999 scenario.
- We have planned club reopenings in line with current government guidelines and following advice and guidance from sector organisations such as England Athletics and Sport England. We continue to monitor guidelines and may need to change the way we organise sessions in order to comply with any updates.
- If someone attending a Fitmums and Friends session subsequently tests positive for COVID-19, we may be required to pass your details to the NHS Test and Trace service.
What we expect of our members:
- Please do not attend a session if you are feeling unwell, have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have recently been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with or has symptoms of COVID-19, or have been told to self-isolate by the NHS Test and Trace service. To understand what is meant by 'contact', please read the government advice here.
- If you attend a club session and subsequently test positive for COVID-19, you will need to complete the UK Athletics COVID-19 tracking form - please email Vickie on email@example.com for the link to the form.
- Be kind and considerate to each other and members of the public – please respect each other’s choices and feelings about the pandemic and the risks each is willing to take.
- Please arrive on time and leave immediately at the end of the session.
- Please pay attention to and follow the directions of your run/walk leader or those at the front of the group. These may be spoken instructions or hand signals.
- Maintain a distance of 2m from your fellow runners/walkers and members of the public at all times.
- It is the responsibility of Fitmums and Friends members to move out of the way of oncoming pedestrians. We will slow down, walk or stop while they pass, making sure to give them at least 2m of space.
- Please carry a face covering and provide an emergency contact so that we can help you in the event of a minor incident.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please turn away from others and cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or bent elbow. Please do not spit – that’s just disgusting anyway!