[Updated 26 March 2021]
Keeping our members, parents/guardians and coaching teams as safe as possible and keeping our clubs open requires everyone to comply with current guidance. To that end, we are asking all of our junior members, parents/guardians and coaching teams to agree to our Juniors COVID-19 Code of Conduct.
Please read this carefully below before attending a session. By attending a session, you and your child/children will be agreeing to abide by this code of conduct.
What you can expect at a junior athletics session:
- Everyone fits at Fitmums and Friends and we are keen to help everyone be more active. We can still support all abilities, so please don’t worry about your child’s/children’s post-lockdown level of fitness. We know some children will have been more active and others less so, and we really appreciate this.
- Coaches will wash their hands before leaving home and will hand-sanitise before commencing a session and afterwards. Coaches will wear face coverings when required.
- Session plans, which are developed in advance of a session, will take into account the need to socially distance between athletes and with Coaches.
- Any equipment will be used in line with England Athletics guidance.
- There will be no changing room facilities but we will have access to toilets.
- Sessions will be organised on a ratio of 1 coach to 12 athletes. A booking system will be used to ensure we adhere to this ratio.
- Coaching teams have been fully briefed on the safe way to manage a group of athletes.
- Coaching teams understand what to do in the event of a minor incident or a 999 scenario.
- We have planned the reopening of junior sessions in line with current government guidelines and following advice and guidance from sector organisations such as England Athletics and Sport England. We continue to monitor guidelines and may need to change the way we organise sessions in order to comply with any updates.
- If someone attending a Fitmums and Friends session subsequently tests positive for COVID-19, we may be required to pass details to the NHS Test and Trace service.
What we expect of our junior members:
- Junior members should not attend a session if they are feeling unwell, have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have recently been in contact* with someone who has been diagnosed with or has symptoms of COVID-19, or have been told to self-isolate by the NHS Test and Trace service.
- We ask our junior members to be kind and considerate to each other – please respect each other’s choices and feelings about the pandemic and the risks each is willing to take.
- Please arrive on time and leave immediately at the end of the session – congregating before/after a session is strongly discouraged.
- Please pay attention to and follow the directions of your Coaching team.
- Maintain a distance of 2m from other junior athletes and Coaches. We will remind you to stay safely distanced when necessary. (If a child continues to struggle with social distancing, we will discuss this with the child’s parent/guardian.)
- If you are aged 11+, please bring a face covering to sessions and keep it with you. Please wear your face covering when arriving and leaving. You will not need to wear it during the session unless you become unwell/injured and require close contact support from members of the Coaching team.
- If you use an asthma inhaler, please bring it with you.
- Please also bring your own labelled water bottle.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided by Coaches. Please use this on arrival and whenever needed.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please turn away from others and cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or bent elbow. Please do not spit.
What we expect of parents/guardians:
- Before attending a session, please review this code of conduct with your child/children and ensure that they understand what is expected of them.
- Please do not bring a child/children to a session if you or they are feeling unwell, have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have recently been in contact* with someone who has been diagnosed with or has symptoms of COVID-19, or have been told to self-isolate by the NHS Test and Trace service.
- If you/your child/children attend(s) a club session and subsequently test(s) positive for COVID-19, you will need to complete the UK Athletics COVID-19 tracking form – please email Vickie on email@example.com for the link to the form.
- We will be using a booking system to ensure that we adhere to the recommended coach to athlete ratio. Booking will be required prior to the first session each half term and will automatically reserve a place for that half term.
- Payment is required upon booking. Session fees must be paid online/via bank transfer in advance of sessions – no cash payments will be accepted.
- Please bring your child’s/children’s unique Mumbot QR code(s) so that we can scan them in – this records their participation which is essential for our support of NHS Test and Trace if needed. Please ensure all details in Mumbot are up-to-date.
- Please bring a face covering for you and any children aged 11+. Please ensure face coverings are worn when arriving and leaving.
- If your child uses an asthma inhaler, please ensure they have it with them at sessions.
- Please ensure your child brings a labelled water bottle.
- When arriving and leaving, please make sure to social distance from others. If a venue allows parents/guardians to watch the session, please ensure you stay socially-distanced from other parents/guardians, the Coaching team and all other junior athletes. If a venue does not allow spectators, please wait in your car until the end of the session. Full details will be provided at booking.
- We ask parents/guardians to be kind and considerate to each other – please respect each other’s choices and feelings about the pandemic and the risks each is willing to take.
[*For what is meant by contact, please read the government advice here.]