We are recruiting a Finance Lead – this is a new role and will support the central team.
Hours: 8 per week
Salary: £20 per hour
Base: 101 Greenwood Avenue, Hull HU6 9NX (with remote/flexible working options)
Report to: Chief/Deputy Chief Officer
The Finance Lead will be responsible for managing the finance function, developing, implementing, and maintaining an appropriate internal control framework, and applying the terms and conditions of contracts and grants.
In conjunction with external accountants, you will facilitate the maintenance of accurate and up to date financial and accounting records to ensure the effective running of the charity.
• Support the securing of income opportunities by providing financial information for bids, grants, and applications.
• Work with project leads and the senior team to ensure the effective management of funds, including the tracking and reporting expenditures in line with requirements of Fitmums and Friends systems.
• Develop and deliver financial performance information to assist the Senior Team and Trustees in the running of the charity providing valuable financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing the charity's strategy.
• Assist the Chief Officer and Trustess in the business planning and budgeting/forecasting processes.
• Process payroll and pensions monthly.
• Work with the Senior Team to provide adequate procedures, measures, and systems of internal control appropriate for the nature and size of the charity and meeting statutory obligations.
• Work alongside the Senior Team to prepare detailed annual budgets for approval by the Chief Officer and Trustees.
• Manage the financial and accounting operations using Xero financial management software.
• Produce accurate Management Accounts for the Chief Officer and Trustees, including commentary on significant areas and variances from budgets and Update monthly the cash flow forecast
• Monitor Gift Aid and submit claims when required.
• Undertaking administrative tasks as and when required, be hands-on and self-sufficient
Essential Skills / Experience
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience of financial accounting and book keeping
• Excellent IT skills with extensive experience working with online accounting systems.
• High proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUPs etc.)
• Experience in using Xero online accounting system
• Thrives in a socially motivated environment and can work at speed in a constantly changing environment
• A team player
What support is available?
• Training, support and mentoring as required.
• Regular supervision with the Chief/Deputy Officer to ensure appropriate support in the role.
• Complementary clothing & kit provided.
• Complementary refreshments when office based.
• Travel expenses
Fitmums & Friends is an exciting charity to volunteer for and we welcome applications from anyone interested in this exciting new position.
Please email Vickie email@example.com with your CV and/or an explanation of why you would be suitable for this role by 29th July 2022. An informal interview will follow.