We are seeking more Club Liaison Leads within Fitmums & Friends.
The work of the voluntary Club Co-ordinators who lead the delivery of Fitmums & Friends sessions each week are absolutely essential. It is therefore important that these volunteers have the very best support in their role. For this reason we recently created a new level of support to help them in the work they do which has been successful and due to changes within the team we now need more!
The “Club Liaison” role acts as the key link between a local club and the Chief/Deputy Officer within the central Fitmums & Friends team. The role offers extra support to the volunteers in the local club to ensure it functions effectively and within the parameters of Fitmums & Friends guidelines.
The Club Liaison role is a volunteer role and sits within the central team joining a dynamic group of lovely volunteers who work hard behind the scenes to support all the activities and clubs that fall under the umbrella of Fitmums & Friends. The work is flexible and much of it can be carried out remotely – but regular contact with the Chief/Deputy Officer is needed for update and monitoring purposes.
Current clubs are: Beverley, Boothferry, Cottingham, Dearne Valley, East Hull, Goole, Grimsby, Harrogate, Hedon, York, Withernsea.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for people with excellent communication, problem solving & negotiation skills. We need people who understand the principles of Fitmums & Friends and who are passionate about ensuring quality and the attention to detail that this requires. We are looking for people who are team players able to function as a part of the central administration team as well as with the Clubs they are tasked to support.
Time commitment – current experience suggests this role requires about 10 hours per month (although this may vary depending on number and location of clubs you support), this includes bi-monthly visits to allocated clubs and update time with the Chief/Deputy officer. Much of the update can be carried out via email with the central team but it will be necessary to meet up face to face with other Club Liaison leads to review overall club development and share and spread good ideas on occasions. The main office base is currently on Greenwood Avenue, Hull and space is available here. The main office days are Monday & Thursdays but it is not essential if not available on these days.
Cycle Liaison Lead
In addition to Club Liaison Leads we are also seeking to recruit a Cycle Liaison Lead which will specifically provide additional support to both our current cycle squads in Cottingham & Hedon. The aim is similar to that of the support given to clubs - it will be to ensure good practise, adherence to Fitmums & Friends systems even if slightly adapted given the different nature of the activities, to help cycle development and to give valuable support to the volunteer team committed to the delivery of cycling options for Fitmums & Friends . The role will involve many aspects of the generic Club Liaison Lead role but in addition will have a remit to ensure good links are established between the two squads.
We are seeking someone with good cycling experience and knowledge to be able to undertake this role and give genuinely helpful support to the amazing team of volunteers currently facilitating rides at clubs. We also want someone with a passion for cycling and its development within Fitmums & Friends.
What a Club/Cycle Liaison role involves
• Being the main point of contact for a Club/Cycle Co-ordinator and supporting team.
• Regular face to face meetings with local club/cycle Co-ordinator/teams to review and support club development including annual completion of a Co-ordinator Catch up template which is shared with the central team to ensure they remain up to date about club progress. Meetings suggested as follows but may vary according to needs of a Club:
Feb – to prepare for new training season Apr-Aug
Jul – to prepare for new training season Sept-Mar
Oct – general catch up
Additional visits and contact over and above this may be helpful to build your understanding of the club and relationships with teams
• Take a lead on actions which arise out of catch up meetings.
• Ensure Local Clubs are adhering to Fitmums & Friends systems & protocols as per the Club Manual – this can be assessed by observations on Facebook as well as through catch up meetings & ad-hoc visits to Local Clubs. Support clubs to resolve issues where appropriate.
• Check Facebook queries are managed promptly and appropriately
• Check website content is appropriate and maintained
• Ensure training schedules are produced in time for start of new seasons (April/September)
• Ensure weekly data collection via google is up to date
• Ensure run/cycle leader/coach licence details are up to date
• To be a source of support for ideas/concerns/issues
• This volunteer post is accountable to the Chief Officer and Deputy Chief Officer.
• Club Liaison Roles will not be allocated to an existing member of that same club – this role is independent of the club they may currently volunteer or run/walk/cycle with (with the exception of the cycle role which we appreciate may not be possible).
• Travel expenses available.
Fitmums & Friends is an exciting charity to volunteer for and we welcome applications from anyone (male/female) interested in getting involved. Please just email email@example.com explaining what skills/qualities you feel you have for the role and why you would like to join the team. Deadline for expressions of interest 7th December 2018.
Interested applicants will be invited for an informal chat to discuss the role further. Please note this role is not suitable for existing Club Co-ordinators.